Posted on Feb 28, 2017 in From Pastor Gary
- ‘The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,’ says the LORD Almighty. ‘And in this place I will grant peace…'”
We experience great glory at DSC when we continue to grow up our faith. Lets take a look at what happens as our faith increases.
1. Faith shrinks my problems.
The first thing that I do when I begin to open the eyes of my heart, Lord, and I began to see what God is doing around me and I begin to look at things from God’s viewpoint, it shrinks my problem.
If you got a small God – problems get big.
- Genesis 18:14 (NIV) 14 Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son.”
The Bible says, “Nothing is impossible with God.”
2. Faith opens the door for a miracle.
If you study the Bible and if you study history, you find that every time God moves on earth and does a miracle it’s because somebody believed. Your faith opens the door to miracles.
- Mark 11:22-24 (NIV) 22 “Have faith in God,” Jesus answered. 23 “I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. 24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Every time you stretch your faith God does miracles – every single time.
- What’s the mountain in your life?
- What’s the mountain that needs to be moved?
- What’s the thing that has never moved, it hasn’t moved, it’s not going to move, it never will move?
- What is the mountain in your life that you’re saying, “It’s never going to change”?
Some of you have already decided that the mountain stays. That’s a self-defeating or self-fulfilling prophesy.
You want God to perform the impossible in your life then we need faith.
- Matthew 13:58 (NIV) 58 And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.
The people’s lack of faith caused Jesus to not do many miracles.
3. Faith moves God to act on my behalf.
- Matthew 9:29 (NIV) 29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith will it be done to you“;
“According to your faith it will be done onto you.”
The problem with us is, we think the wrong thing moves God.
I want to challenge you to dream about your relationships, your marriage, a family, your career.
The Bible is full of people who had God given dreams.
- Abraham dreamed of being the father of a great nation.
- Moses dreamed of setting the people free.
- Joseph dreamed of saving the nation and his own family.
- Daniel and Paul and David, over and over and over, all through the Scripture, all kinds of people who were inspiring dreamers.
- • Ephesians 3:20 (TLB) 20 Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of—infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes.
God is able to do far more than we would dare to ask.
What are you afraid to ask God for? Don’t limit God by your unbelief.
5. Faith gives me power to hold on in tough times.
Faith doesn’t always take you out of the problem. Faith often takes you through the problem.
Faith doesn’t always take away the pain. Faith gives you the ability to handle the pain.
Faith doesn’t make life heaven on earth. This world is never going to be heaven on earth.