I was working with my daughter some time ago on a basketball move that she just couldn’t seem to get; she was getting frustrated and wanting to give up so we took the move and broke it down into four parts. She began doing one movement at a time and then put it together in slow motion and finally did all four at increasing speed. The result was that she was able to do the move that had been eluding her in a matter of 40 minutes. This is my challenge to you for fasting and for encouraging others to fast.
Don’t be overwhelmed with fasting 28 days, break it down into four movements.
Week 2 add Music and Media.
Week 3 Fast a meal a day and use the time to read God’s Word and pray.
Week 4 Join us for a 70 hour fast of all food and beverages except water. I would consider it a huge success if people followed this simply four part fasting.
- During the 28 days we will be reading through the Bible out loud in the Auditorium. Times to be announced.
- On Wednesday evenings from 7-8pm we will have worship and prayer. The only Wednesday we will not have this is on January 25th.
- The 70 hour prayer vigil begins Thursday Jan 26th at 1pm and goes to Sunday Jan 29th at 10am.
- During the 70 hours (beginning Thursday January 26 @ 1pm) we will have worship and prayer each evening. That is Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 7-8pm.
- We will end our fast together on Sunday January 29th with a time of worship and celebration at our Sunday 10am service. Our Sunday will be a time of worship and celebration and testimony.
- Remember fasting is not just abstaining from something it is drawing near to God through prayer and His Word.
You can do it, and the rewards far outweigh the sacrifice. This year can be our breakthrough year.
Looking forward to hearing the great stories of breakthrough.